Cullin Africa started its operation on the 22nd of July 1998. Mr Krish Chetty, who is a Previously Disadvantaged Individual, developed Cullin Africa into a fully -fledged Black Enterprise. On the 6th of August 2012, in keeping with the policy of Empowering Black South African Women, Mrs Adell Nola Chetty, had been appointed as a 100% shareholder of the company. Our major customers include Eskom, Telkom, Transnet, Nampower, municipalities and most utilities in Africa. We supply local and overseas manufactured products which is of exceptional quality.
The company acquired the support and technical backup from all major Approved Manufacturers, Suppliers and Importers. We are the sole agent for SEDIVER Insulators in South Africa and across the African market.
The company owns premises in the form of warehousing and office space totalling 1800m², at Sage Corporate Park, Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa.
On the 1st of October 2008 Cullin Africa Purchased the Westingcorp Fuse Cut-out Division and purchased Cable & Power Fuse Elements.
On the 1st of May 2009, Cullin Africa opened a branch in Durban, South Africa
Cullin Africa owns a Manufacturing operation at its 2000 m² Factory in Olifantsfontein, Midrand, South Africa
Cullin Africa cc has a work force of Sixty Five (65) persons. All employees are from Previously Disadvantaged backgrounds.
Cullin Africa aims to become major Previously Disadvantaged supplier to provide electrical and electronic equipment or goods to major power utility organizations and industries in South Africa and Africa.
Our Vision will be achieved by:
- Continually delivering a service without compromise in the field of Quality, Value and Reliability.
- Maintaining mutual beneficial relationships with our Customers, Suppliers and Staff.
- Rewarding our employees with Empowering Opportunities, Challenges and Due Reward.
- We will endeavour to attain Market Growth and widen our customer base by becoming a leading competitor.
Cullin Africa will accomplish this vision through the effective maintenance of all Systems, including continual improvement, which enhances the company’s commitment towards customer service.
- We shall Maintain and expand, as a supplier to major South African Companies namely Eskom, Telkom, Transnet and Municipalities.
- We will Expand the company operations and supply of products to the neighboring Sub Saharan Africa and other parts of Africa, and
- Keeping the company alliances and partnerships with its major suppliers in the provision of quality products and service.
Affirmative Action Policy
The company will at all times seek to provide employment opportunities to designated groups (black people, women and people with disabilities) who will have equal opportunities. Designated groups will be equally represented in all job categories and levels. Cullin Africa cc, currently strives to work in synergy with all relevant Government and Parastatal Entities to achieve the common objective of the National Development Plan 2030.
Cullin Africa cc has achieved a sound level 1 (one) B-BBEE status.